Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Movie Thoughts: The Croods: A New Age (2020)

  • Released: 25 November 2020
  • Directed by: Joel Crawford
  • Running time: 1 hr 35 min
  • Rating 3.5/5

Synopsis

The Croods family has trouble fitting in with the new people they come across called the Bettermans, who are trying to do anything within their power to get rid of the cavemen.

My Thoughts

I definitely expected to like this less than I did. Not that I went in expecting to hate it, but the trailers didn’t look particularly promising. For what it was, it was decent, if you can stomach a few character retcons and a brief rehashing of the plot of the first movie.

The climax kinda came out of nowhere but was fun at the same time. I also really liked the relationship between Dawn and Eep, they legit had more chemistry together than Eep and her actual boyfriend.

Animation was great, and the wolf spiders are right up my alley. I was sad that the bearcat wasn’t in this one, though. This was a very brief review, but I honestly don't have much to say. Decent movie, that's it.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment