- Released: April 20th, 2026
- Directed by: David Frankel
- Running time: 1h 59min
- Rating 4/5
Synopsis
Andy is re-hired by Miranda's company and now has to navigate modern journalism and the fading out of the magazine's popularity.My Thoughts
Not every movie needs a sequel. The first Devil Wears Prada movie is a prime example of that. But that doesn't mean that I'm inherently against the idea of making a sequel to a closed-off story. There can be some value in sequels even if in principle they aren't all that necessary.
And this is a good example of that, I think. It wasn't a necessary sequel, but I had a good time with it and I think that it's a fun, meaningful continuation of the story. It was a nice exploration of journalism and maintaining a magazine in the modern age.
I still liked the characters a lot like with the first movie, and there was quite the twist with Emily during the story. I was a bit worried that this was going to make me hate her for a moment, but the movie handles it in a mature way and doesn't portray her as an outright villain. More so an antagonist.
I do think that (like everyone else has already pointed out) the lighting and color-grading in the movie looks a bit drab and dark, but it didn't bother me too much.
Overall I think that this was just a nice continuation of the story. I'm unsure if they'll do a third, but for now this was neat.


No comments:
Post a Comment