Thursday, September 24, 2026

Movie Thoughts: De Film van Rutger, Thomas & Paco 2 (2026)

  • Released: June 3rd, 2026
  • Directed by: Hans Somers
  • Running time: 1h 23min
  • Rating 2.5/5

Synopsis

Rutger and Thomas are at a loss of what to do when their dog Paco turns into a cat. Together with their friends they try to piece together clues on who is behind it and how they can turn Paco back.

My Thoughts

I watched the first movie when it came out but apparently just completely forgot to write a review. Oh well, I'm not gonna rewatch it just for the sake of a review. It's an okay movie, but not good enough for a rewatch.

And I feel much the same about the sequel. It's not very good, but enjoyable enough for what it is. If you want a simple adventure with two apparently-popular (I've never watched any of their content) YouTubers maybe this is for you?

I will say that if you're watching this movie for Paco, you'll probably be disappointed, though. Because she's barely in it. They straight up wrote her out for almost an hour of the runtime. I get that training a cat might be harder than a dog and maybe that's why they kept her in the film so little, but it's still pretty jarring when her name is literally in the movie's title.

Ah well, I will say that this movie has a pretty silly fun plot and the characters were okay. I expected them to be a bit obnoxious, but aside from the security guard they're honestly pretty okay. Tiffy and even the villain Kitty have some pretty good character development, honestly. Yes, it's simple and a bit childish, but it works and I'd much rather they do this than write them as one-dimensional villains incapable of change. 

So yeah, not a great movie and I'm definitely not the target audience, but it could've been a whole lot worse and more obnoxious. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment