- Released: May 6th, 2026
- Directed by: Kane Parsons
- Running time: 1h 50min
- Rating 3.5/5
Synopsis
A therapist goes into an unknown dimension of endless office spaces in order to retrieve her client.My Thoughts
I didn't really know what to expect for this one. I did watch the director's short film when it came out a few years ago and loved it. And the full movie based on it I would say is pretty solid.
Okay, I do think that it's not amazing or anything, but this is still a pretty decent horror flick. It was genuinely pretty scary at times and especially good at building atmosphere.
I think that the movie is genuinely at its best when it leans into the uncanny nature of the Backrooms. The long explorations scenes of the characters just going through these unfamiliar endless locations were the best, especially when they got really atmospheric and liminal. The other parts of the movie were still decent, but I was less invested in it once it became a monster chase. That part of the movie felt a little too basic "horror-trope-y" for me.
I do like our two main characters of Clark and Mary, especially Clark. He's a very flawed guy but I still found him an interesting character to follow. Mary has her own baggage to explore.
The ending maybe could've explained a little more, but aside from that I think that this is a solid film.


No comments:
Post a Comment