Sunday, August 16, 2026

Movie Thoughts: Wuthering Heights (2026)

  • Released: January 28th, 2026
  • Directed by: Emerald Fennell
  • Running time: 2h 16min
  • Rating 2/5

Synopsis

Cathy is a woman of noble birth who falls for her childhood friend Heathcliff, resulting into a passionate romance. Cathy eventually marries another man when Heathcliff vanishes, though, but then Heathcliff returns, leading to conflicting feelings for Cathy.

My Thoughts

 I wanted to see this movie. I heard mixed things about it, mostly negative, but I still wanted to give it a fair chance. But man...I just was not into this one.

Maybe it is because romance isn't one of my favorite genres, but I just for the life of me couldn't get invested in these characters or this story. It kiiiind of had me hooked in the first twenty minutes or so, mostly during the scenes of Cathy and Heathcliff as kids, but then they grew up and the romance drama started and I just completely lost interest. I did keep watching, but I wasn't really clocking what was happening anymore. It just became too much boring romance drama involving characters I didn't care about. There's also some borderline pornographic scenes and again that really isn't to my taste, I'm far too asexual for that. 

For the record, I haven't read the book this is based on, so I'm not gonna judge it as an adaptation. But I did hear that there was whitewashing involved regarding the casting of Jacob Elordi as Heathcliff, which isn't great and really shouldn't be able to fly in this day and age. 

I guess I can praise this movie for a mildly interesting start in the scenes where Heathcliff and Cathy are kids, and there is some pretty cinematography and costuming here. But that's really all I got out of it. I guess that this just isn't the movie for me. It was too boring to me and I didn't care about the characters or their drama.


 


  



No comments:

Post a Comment