Sunday, August 9, 2026

Movie Thoughts: Good Boy (2025)

  • Released: March 8th, 2025
  • Directed by: Ben Leonberg
  • Running time: 1h 12min
  • Rating 3/5

Synopsis

A dog and his owner move into a haunted house, where the dog (named Indy) must fight the supernatural forces to protect his owner.

My Thoughts


I had pretty high hopes for this one going in, but honestly they weren't really fulfilled. This wasn't a bad movie, but it really wasn't my thing. I'm not much of a horror fan, but I was hoping that the xenofiction aspect would keep me engaged in this movie. But, while Indy the dog's acting is amazing and the concept is good, the execution was a bit mixed for me.

At no point did this movie really scare me. I kept hoping for the actual scares to come, but it never happened. What's more, the movie honestly confused me way more than it scared me. 

There's quite a few questions this movie asks which are just never really answered. Why the house is haunted and what exactly is haunting it is never explained. The significance of the eyes stalking Indy (a fox) is unclear. Somehow Bandit's bandana is in two places at once and again this is never explained.

I do appreciate this movie for being a xenofiction horror and being mercifully short (and at least not being boring), but it didn't really hook me like I'd hoped.


 


 







No comments:

Post a Comment