- Released: May 6th, 2026
- Directed by: Kyle Balda
- Running time: 1h 49min
- Rating 4/5
Synopsis
My Thoughts
This was just a joy of a movie. I don't watch a lot of mystery/detective media, so I don't have much of a standard when it comes to them, but still. This movie was just overall really enjoyable.
It has a very solid mystery. I really expected that I was gonna be able to predict who did it at various points, but I ended up being wrong several times. So the mystery element definitely had me hooked.
What really made the movie for me, though, was the characters. Particularly those of our main sheep: Lily, Mopple and Sebastian. They're just really solid characters, flawed but determined and charming nonetheless. Sebastian's death also legit made me really emotional.
This movie also has a good message of remembering both the good and bad times in your life, and of how to handle grief.
I also just gotta compliment the CGI on the sheep in this movie, but these are some of the most near-flawless CGI animals I've ever seen. Like yes, we know that they're fake because they're emoting and talking and doing certain things that sheep wouldn't do in real life. But they look real. And their designs are also really solid, leaning heavily into semi-realism while also keeping them expressive and distinct-looking.
So yeah, solid movie. The human characters were also decent, though I do have to admit that some of the human side characters didn't speak to me as much as the sheep did.


No comments:
Post a Comment