Thursday, August 27, 2026

Movie Thoughts: Ron's Gone Wrong (2021)



  • Released: June 16th, 2021
  • Directed by: Octavio E. Rodriguez, Sarah Smith, Jean-Philippe Vine
  • Running time: 1h 47min
  • Rating 3/5

Synopsis

A boy named Barney befriends a faulty robot named Ron. Ron's malfunctions are seen as bad publicity by the company who made him. Now Barney and Ron embark on a journey to keep Ron the way he is, learning about true friendship along the way.

My Thoughts

Man, weird to think that this came out just before the huge rise of GenAI. And yeah, I wouldn't call it very good. But I do appreciate a good anti-AI message. 

I do like the characters of Barney and Ron and even the side characters aren't that bad, but I don't know, nothing about this movie really grabbed me. It didn't make me laugh, it didn't make me feel much, I wasn't particularly attached to anyone, the story was okay but nothing groundbreaking. I overall think that this is a pretty run-of-the-mill animated movie.

I do like the animation, and it is nice that it does have a more unique style going on for it rather than the standard bland Disney-ish look. But that's kinda everything of note about this movie.

I guess I was just hoping for more, I dunno.







No comments:

Post a Comment