- Released: November 10th, 1996
- Directed by: Joe Pytka
- Running time: 1h 28min
- Rating 2.5/5
Synopsis
My Thoughts
Okay so, I need to clarify this beforehand: This is beyond doubt one of the movies I've ever heard of that has been hyped up the most for me. Whether it's in animation circles or when talking about sports movies or just general nostalgic movies, I've always seen people talk so much about Space Jam. And now that I've finally watched it...Eh.
It does need to be said that this movie does have some huge factors working against it for me. I don't like the Looney Tunes, or sports movies. So this is basically a golden mashup of the two... And yeah, I'm sorry to say that it didn't do it for me. I just felt nothing during this movie. Because I don't care about any of the Looney Tunes characters, I felt very little during this movie.
I will give it credit that Michael Jordan and Stan were fun people to follow; they're the reason this movie has over two stars and were genuinely pretty entertaining. But other than that, there is very little of worth for me. The sports element was boring, the Looney Tunes cast was annoying more than anything, Lola Bunny also had legit no personality.
I guess the blending of the 2D visuals with the live-action stuff is pretty decent, but other than that and Michael Jordan and Stan, I legit didn't vibe with this at all.


No comments:
Post a Comment