Saturday, November 20, 2021

Movie Thoughts: The Boss Baby: Family Business (2021)

  • Released: 2 July 2021
  • Directed by: Tom McGrath
  • Running time: 1 h 47 min
  • Rating 2.5/5

Synopsis

Ted and Tim are turned into children again in order to stop a nefarious plan by a villain who wants to get rid of all parents.

My Thoughts

A-another one of these? Were people really begging for a second Boss Baby? The first movie really had a rounded-up ending, what could they possibly do more with it?

Not a whole lot. By God, they tried, but the execution is a bit, you know, eh. I didn't care about the story and it's just so unsatisfying to see how Tim and Ted grew apart as adults. That's not satisfying after seeing the first movie at all. This is like Toy Story 4 all over again with the needless sequel to a decently closed off last movie.

I didn't like the plot in this one at all. The first one didn't have an amazing plot either, but I at least gave a slight fuck about what was happening. In this one I was just bored most of the way through. The only things I genuinely liked about it is Tim and Ted reconnecting and Tim bonding with his daughter. Other than that, I literally couldn't care less about what was going on.

The animation is great, but I still can't get behind the character designs. They kept the permanently-dilated pupils on these characters in the sequel and it just. Does. Not. Work. I also didn't like how adult Tim still had a bit of a baby face going on, he didn't look how old he was supposed to be.

It also just wasn't funny. The first movie I recall being ever so slightly funnier. 

So, yeah, this is just a movie that didn't need to exist. It's got its wholesome moments, but outside of that it's utterly pointless and forgettable. 







No comments:

Post a Comment