Friday, January 6, 2023

Movie Thoughts: Real Genius (1985)

  • Released: August 7, 1985
  • Directed by: Martha Coolidge
  • Running time: 1 h 48 min
  • Rating 3/5

Synopsis

A teenage prodigy and an almost-college dropout are set to work on a project, which turns out to secretly be a weapon for the American government.

My Thoughts

The movie was honestly just...fine. I was given this movie to watch as an assignment for writing, to analyze certain writing aspects of it. And in that regard it's totally fine. I just...didn't vibe with the movie personally.

By most accounts it is pretty decent. Well-written with likable main characters and pretty good villains. But I just didn't really care about the movie itself.

It has its fun moments, and those were definitely my favorites, but other than that and the character interactions between our two leads I cannot bring myself to really care about the film. Just goes to show that a movie can be objectively good but I can still not be fond of it. 

I'll give it a 6/10 for doing things right, but due to how little I vibe with pretty much the entire thing sans a few elements I'm redacting a few points. Good in principle; I just don't care.



No comments:

Post a Comment