Monday, May 20, 2024

Movie Thoughts: Tigers on the Rise (2024)

  • Released: April 22, 2024
  • Directed by: Rob Sullivan, Alistair Tones
  • Running time: 1h 18min
  • Rating 4.5/5

Synopsis

Documentary about tigers in India and the people who are trying to help them thrive.    

My Thoughts

This one I honestly like even more than the documentary it is a companion to, Tiger. While Tiger is a great film in its own right, it does follow a very predictable story of a mother raising her cubs, also one of the main tigers weirdly vanishes from the epilogue of the documentary with no conclusion.

Tigers on the Rise isn't so much about one particular tiger itself, but rather the story behind the tigers. From urban tigers to tiger release projects to teaching people about how to act around tigers, it's all very good stuff and I really like just exploring the various ways in which these many people are trying to help these animals out. It's great and it doesn't follow a familiar story of yet another mother animal and her cubs. Which, again, can be done well, but it's just been done so often in documentaries nowadays.

I consider Tigers on the Rise to be one of my favorite documentaries I have recently watched. I don't even have that much to say about it. It's just really good.







No comments:

Post a Comment