Thursday, December 16, 2021

Series Thoughts: Centaurworld (Season 1)

  • Released: 30 July 2021
  • Creator: Megan Dong
  • Total amount of seasons: 1
  • Seasons watched: 1
  • Rating: 4/5

Synopsis

Transported far away from the human realm, a war horse must make her way through the fantastical Centaurworld in order to get home to her Rider.

My Thoughts

This was a show I wasn't really anticipating and ended up loving. I love the story, I love the characters, I love the found family tropes, I love the bonkers magical world Horse ends up in; it's all great.

What else really stood out to me as fantastic is the animation. Like, I did not expect it to be this good. The movements are all very fluid despite seemingly being puppet animation and what really sells this show are the expressions. They can be completely insane and it has the best comedic effect. 

The show is also genuinely really funny. I personally thought the first few were a bit funnier than the latter half of the season, but I had so much fun with this show. Centaurworld isn't this world with a ton of worldbuilding and consistency, it's just bonkers magic shenanigans for the most part and it's lovely.  

That said, my main gripe would be the fart jokes in this show. Otherwise it was just fantastic, but damn, there were one too many of them.

But the rest is just great. The character designs are all over the place which again perfectly fits into Centaurworld. I will say, I like Horse's original design much more than her Centaurworld design, so I hope she doesn't stay like that permanently. 

My favorite character of the entire cast will have to be Glendale. I love her so much, she's a riot. 

This is also a musical series, with multiple songs each episode. They're not all bangers, but I definitely liked a lot of them.

My favorite aspect of the series will have to be the final antagonist, the Nowhere King, though. He has such a badass voice, design and eerie presence. He didn't even have that much of a buildup, but I think it was delivered perfectly.

I overall really recommend Centaurworld if you just want to have a good time. Most of it is absolutely great. 








No comments:

Post a Comment